KDX observes the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) regarding the manner in which we handle personal information relating to individuals and entities, whether or not they are employees, clients, suppliers, contractors or customers.
Personal information collection
KDX will only collect information relevant to our business or employment relationship with you including the following types of personal information:
- Mailing, street or email address;
- Telephone number;
- Profession, occupation or job title and educational qualifications;
- Employment history;
- Information you provide to us directly or information you provide through our websites or social media.
Generally, we endeavour to collect personal information directly from the individual concerned however we may also collect information from third parties including credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies or recruitment agencies. We do not collect personal information that we do not need.
Using and disclosing personal information
We will limit the use and disclosure of your personal information to carrying out our business and this includes:
- providing products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- the administrative, marketing, product or service development and research purposes of KDX; and
- keeping your records and contact details up to date.
KDX may need to use your personal information in order to provide certain services to you. For example, without your personal information, we would not be able to contact you or offer employment to you. We may also use your personal information to:
- ensure that KDX and its workplace participants are meeting their obligations under relevant legislation as well as their contract of employment;
- ensure the health, safety and welfare of all workplace participants at times when they are performing work for KDX; and
- respond to queries from financial institutions (ie. if an employee has applied for finance), noting that KDX will obtain verbal approval from the employee before disclosing any personal information;
In common with many organisations, we contract services from external parties to assist us in our business. KDX may disclose your personal information to service providers including organisations that provide web hosting/technology, auditing, couriers/delivery, recruitment and security services. Your information may be provided to them on a confidential basis for the sole purpose of performing the contracted services on our behalf.
KDX may also disclose your personal information to third parties, where you consent to the disclosure or in circumstances where such disclosure is required or authorised by law. Some personal information you submit on the internet, for example, via an online form for employment, may need to be processed by a third party. By submitting personal information via the internet or an online form, you consent to the disclosure of that information to a third party.
KDX has an expectation of all employees and sub-contractors that they will preserve the privacy of information relating to their work colleagues and to our customers. Personal information learned about another individual during the course of work, must not be used or disclosed except as necessary to fulfil the legitimate requirements of the job.
Security of personal information
Access to your personal information
If you establish that the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, we will correct our records as necessary. We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaints about the way we manage personal information.
If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you, please contact Head of Human Resources on +61 8408 6500.